Water is a pretty common thing in all of our lives. Science has proven that if you don’t have any water in your body, you’re either dead or a package of dried fruit. So with that, your mission, should you choose to accept it, and you should, is:
Take a picture of some water.
A glass. A lake. The rain. Whatever, as long as it’s good old water. For example, this photo:
I took it for last week’s photo mission just outside of the Port of Newcastle on Lake Ontario. Lots of “water” (although I would not swim in Lake Ontario, it’s fucking gross).
Now that you know that, it’s time to take a look at The Rules:
1. You can submit one or two pictures for the challenge, preferably recent pictures. You can submit in a number of ways:
- Post it via Kinja comment
- Post it to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, 500px, et cetera, then link it back here in a comment.
- Send photos to my e-mail at leducthecanuck [at] gmail.com (you know how to format). Have this week’s challenge as your subject header, and be sure to include your blurb and username so I know who to credit these to. Also, include a link to your Kinja, since we usually link those in the galleries.
- Show it to an artistically talented elephant. Get him to paint it or how it makes him feel. Send us the results, and also explain how the hell you got access to an artistically talented elephant.
2. The deadline is 23:59 EST on Sunday. The exhibition post will be up some time on Monday. Each week’s new mission will be posted on Monday.
3. This is not a judged competition. This is just for fun and to show of our work.
4. With your submission please tell us about the photo. The specs, the location (if you’re comfortable with that), and the background story of it.
5. Any camera is welcome, even phone cameras. I would prefer for people to not use automatic modes, but I accept that composition/etc. will still produce a good photograph with the camera in automatic mode. Editing is allowed.
These missions are intended to be fun, and to give people a reason to get out and shoot. I would like for positive discussion to come about from these, as well as to increase the participation on Photography Kinja. I know there are a lot of new people here that are participating, so I look forward to their contributions!
I will take suggestions on the next week’s mission objective.
Now, go on and complete your mission!