Whelp, the weather is finally getting nicer and giving us a slight escape from the five month long hell that was winter. And what better way to appreciate it than to get out and about for some photography? Your mission, should you choose to accept it (and you should), is:
Take a picture of some street art. Graffiti, paintings, murals, anything in a similar vein that you can find out and about. For example:
I took this at the Rideau Centre bus stop in downtown Ottawa, close to three other works by the same artist. Not much in the way of composition since I didn't really have a challenge in mind when I took it. Taken with my Nikon D70s with the 18-70mm lens at an ISO of 200.
And now, for The Rules:
1. You can submit one or two pictures for the challenge. Please submit them through the comments on this post. After the deadline I will gather them into an exhibition post. I would like for the photos to be recent ones, but it's not a hard rule.
2. The deadline is midnight (24:00 hours) on Sunday. The exhibition post will be up some time on Monday. Each week's new mission will be posted on Monday.
3. This is not a judged competition. This is just for fun and to show of our work.
4. With your submission please tell us about the photo. The specs, the location (if you're comfortable with that), and the background story of it.
5. Any camera is welcome, even phone cameras. I would prefer for people to not use automatic modes, but I accept that composition/etc. will still produce a good photograph with the camera in automatic mode. Editing is allowed.
These missions are intended to be fun, and to give people a reason to get out and shoot. I would like for positive discussion to come about from these, as well as to increase the participation on Photography Kinja.
I will take suggestions on the next week's mission objective.
Now, get out there and complete your mission!