Ever since Narcissus became obsessed with himself and starved to death, we’ve been pretty fascinated with reflections (although most of us don’t die because of them). Your mission, should you choose to accept it (and you should) is:
Take a picture of a reflection.
Doesn’t matter what’s in the reflection, just get creative. For example (and not creatively), I snapped this picture of the Justice Building (since it used to help the Department of Justice and the RCMP) down on Wellington Street. Nothing fancy.
And now for
something completely different, The Rules:
1. You can submit one or two pictures for the challenge, preferably recent pictures. You can submit in a number of ways:
- Post it via Kinja comment
- Post it to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, 500px, et cetera, then link it back here in a comment.
- Send photos to my e-mail at leducthecanuck [at] gmail.com (you know how to format). Have this week’s challenge as your subject header, and be sure to include your blurb and username so I know who to credit these to. Also, include a link to your Kinja, since we usually link those in the galleries.
- Create a jigsaw puzzle of your picture and send it to me (at least one thousand pieces, please).
2. The deadline is 23:59 EST on Sunday. The exhibition post will be up some time on Monday. Each week’s new mission will be posted on Monday.
3. This is not a judged competition. This is just for fun and to show of our work.
4. With your submission please tell us about the photo. The specs, the location (if you’re comfortable with that), and the background story of it.
5. Any camera is welcome, even phone cameras. I would prefer for people to not use automatic modes, but I accept that composition/etc. will still produce a good photograph with the camera in automatic mode. Editing is allowed.
These missions are intended to be fun, and to give people a reason to get out and shoot. I would like for positive discussion to come about from these, as well as to increase the participation on Photography Kinja. I know there are a lot of new people here that are participating, so I look forward to their contributions!
I will take suggestions on the next week’s mission objective.
Now, go on and complete your mission!