Whelp, now that winter is super officially over (unless you’re in Winnipeg), the sun is out, the birds are singing, plants are blooming, and it’s all in all generally nice out. Perfect for some photography! Your mission, should you choose to accept it (and you should), is:
Take a picture of some plant life.
Flowers, trees, whatever works. Any sort of flora you can find. Just post your photo and a little description. Your camera and settings for sure, and maybe your location and choice of shot as well. For example:
I took this last week along the Rideau Canal here in Ottawa. Shot it with my D70s and 18-70mm lens at ISO 200, and put it through Paint.Net in order to increase colour saturation.
So, with that out of the way, let’s have a look at The Rules:
1. You can submit one or two pictures for the challenge, preferably recent pictures. Now, submission is an issue since Kinja sucks and won’t allow us the maximize comment photos, so you can do it in a few ways:
- Post it to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, 500px, et cetera, then link it back here in a comment.
- Send photos to my e-mail at leducthecanuck [at] gmail.com (you know how to format). Have this week’s challenge as your subject header, and be sure to include your blurb and username so I know who to credit these to. Also, include a link to your Kinja, since we usually link those in the galleries.
- Send it by carrier pigeon to me.
2. The deadline is 23:59 EST on Sunday. The exhibition post will be up some time on Monday. Each week’s new mission will be posted on Monday.
3. This is not a judged competition. This is just for fun and to show of our work.
4. With your submission please tell us about the photo. The specs, the location (if you’re comfortable with that), and the background story of it.
5. Any camera is welcome, even phone cameras. I would prefer for people to not use automatic modes, but I accept that composition/etc. will still produce a good photograph with the camera in automatic mode. Editing is allowed.
These missions are intended to be fun, and to give people a reason to get out and shoot. I would like for positive discussion to come about from these, as well as to increase the participation on Photography Kinja. I know there are a lot of new people here that are participating, so I look forward to their contributions!
I will take suggestions on the next week’s mission objective.
Now, get out there and complete your mission!