Good Monday morning, Photographers! This week’s mission, should you choose to accept it (and you should) is: BOKEH!
Look at this pretty little honeybee! Look at her buzz from flower to flower. Look how much cooler she looks with a nice, soft backdrop of greenery behind her. That’s bokeh!
So go out there with a fast lens and show me what you’ve got!
And now, as much as we love to ignore them, The Rules:
1. You can submit one or two photos for this challenge. You can submit in a number of ways:
- Post it via Kinja comment
- Post it to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, 500px, et cetera, then link it back here in a comment.
- Send photos to my e-mail at I.am.Xyl0c41n3 [at] gmail.com (you know how to format). Have this week’s challenge as your subject header, and be sure to include your blurb and username so I know who to credit these to. Also, include a link to your Kinja, since we usually link those in the galleries.
- Take a photo with a fast lens. Sacrifice a brisket to the Texan gods of BBQ (just mail a brisket to Texas, c/o Xyl0. I’m sure the postmaster will be able to find me). And finally, upload your photo via smoke signal. An eagle screaming freedom overhead is an added bonus.
2. The deadline is 23:59 EST on Sunday. The exhibition post will be up some time on Monday. Each week’s new mission will be posted on Monday.
3. This is not a judged competition. This is just for fun and to show of our work.
4. With your submission please tell us about the photos. Your gear, the settings, any edits, and a bit about the car, if you feel so inclined.
5. Any camera is welcome, even phone cameras. I would prefer for people to not use automatic modes, but I accept that composition/etc. will still produce a good photograph with the camera in automatic mode. Editing is allowed.
These missions are intended to be fun, and to give people a reason to get out and shoot. I would like for positive discussion to come about from these, as well as to increase the participation on Photography Kinja. I know there are a lot of new people here that are participating, so I look forward to their contributions!
I will take suggestions on the next week’s mission objective.
Now, go on and complete your mission!