Oh jeez, it’s been a while, hasn’t it.
Years ago, Photography would run Weekly Photo Missions. The purpose of these was to provide a topic in order to inspire people to go out and take more photos, and share the results with the rest of us. It was always a lot of fun to see how people would interpret them. Since we all seem to have a bit more free time these days, I figured it was time to bring it back as a monthly mission instead. Will old ideas get reused? Probably! Am I hoping it’s just as fun? Absolutely.
Anyway, with the preamble out of the way, this pandemic has really isolated us: streets are emptier, there are less people at stores when we do go out, and overall, it feels a lot lonelier. To bring us together (and to remind us that really, we’re almost all in the same boat here), your mission, should you choose to accept it (and you should) is:
Take a photo that shows solitude.
What does that mean? Your choice!
And now, as per usual, The Rules:
1. You can submit one or two photos for this challenge. You can submit in a number of ways:
- Post it via Kinja comment
- Post it to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, 500px, Instagram, et cetera, then link it back here in a comment.
- Send photos to my e-mail at leducthecanuck [at] gmail.com (you know how to format). Have this month’s challenge as your subject header, and be sure to include your blurb and username so I know who to credit these to. Also, include a link to your Kinja, since we usually link those in the galleries.
- Send it to my swamp via carrier pigeon
2. The deadline is June 13th. Each month’s new mission will be posted on the 14th.
3. This is not a judged competition. This is just for fun and to show of our work.
4. With your submission please tell us about the photos. Your gear, the settings, any edits, and a bit about the photo, if you feel so inclined.
5. Any camera is welcome, even phone cameras.
These missions are intended to be fun, and to give people a reason to get out and shoot. I would like for positive discussion to come about from these, as well as to increase the participation on Photography Kinja.
I will take suggestions on the next month’s mission objective.
Now, go on and complete your mission!