Right, then...

So, finally got out with the Graflex and got two shots.

This is the coffee place I go to when I have the time, in the morning. The wagon is the owners...
This got completely fucked...

First one I did handheld. As you focus through the ground glass, you can’t maintain framing very well after you install the film holder. Regardless, I got most of my target and am happy with the exposure. Not sure what the dots are...dust? Fungus on lens? Regardless, I now know to use a tripod...

...not that it helped the second shot. The framing is more or less OK but the exposure and the the development got borked.

Advertisement

These were developed in a round daylight tank using the “taco” method (fold them longways and place a hair tie around them so the hold a taco shape, then place in the tank). Both were done at the same time, so not sure why one partially developed and the other didn’t.

The first was shot using the focal plane shutter and the second used the shutter on the lens (which might have something to do with the exposure).

These were shot on Arista Edu Ultra ISO 100 and developed with Kodak D-76. Dev time was shot at the mix was super hot (94F...was too impatient to wait for it to cool). First was F/8 at 1/500; don’t recall what the second settings were...

Advertisement

So, not the most illustrious start, but proof of concept is there! Lost of room for improvement!