This is the roll of Fuji Neopan 100 Acros that was shot in the Exa. I pushed it to 400, kind-of.

With the camera’s four shutter speeds (plus bulb), it was difficult to truly push. I used a light meter set at 400 and then set the aperture and shutter speed as close to the suggested settings as possible. In some cases, it made no difference as it was so bright or really dark. But it was developed as pushed, so that probably helped a little.

There are some shots in here that I really like. I adjusted the contrast on the scans a little bit to how I would have them printed from the negatives. And some of them will be printed from the negatives pretty soon, so we’ll see how close my digital adjustment comes to the real thing.

On this next one, I was in a parking garage and happened to have the Exa in the truck with me. I hopped out and took this only realizing after that I didn’t touch the focus...oops. But it happened to be set just right.

Advertisement

I took this next shot with my Nikon and it’s been my best selling print, so I took it with the Exa to see how it would come out.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

The last rocket launch I shot, the focus was off. It was a bit foggy, so I assumed the autofocus didn’t quite lock to where it should have.

Advertisement

I was wrong. I also brought the Exa and set it at infinity, which I know is calibrated correctly. The shot was still a little fuzz. I’m guessing the fog fuzzed everything, not the focus being off.

Advertisement

That’s all for now. I’ll post roll three in a day or so.