(EDIT: I am going to run this one for another week. Fresh challenge will be up next Monday. -CB)
It’s that lovely time of year where everyone is out and about in the streets before the cold and loveless embrace of winter comes back. With that, your mission, should you choose to accept it (and you should), is:
Take a photo of some street life.
Any photo of what’s going on on your streets. For example:
I took this photo on Canada Day while down in Byward Market with my D70s. I am using this photo because I am far too lazy to go grab another photo this morning.
And now, everyone’s favourite part of the post to ignore, The Rules:
1. You can submit one or two photos for this challenge. You can submit in a number of ways:
- Post it via Kinja comment
- Post it to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, 500px, et cetera, then link it back here in a comment.
- Send photos to my e-mail at leducthecanuck [at] gmail.com (you know how to format). Have this week’s challenge as your subject header, and be sure to include your blurb and username so I know who to credit these to. Also, include a link to your Kinja, since we usually link those in the galleries.
- Make your photo into a corn maze, and send me the satellite photos.
2. The deadline is 23:59 EST on Sunday. The exhibition post will be up some time on Monday. Each week’s new mission will be posted on Monday.
3. This is not a judged competition. This is just for fun and to show of our work.
4. With your submission please tell us about the photos. Your gear, the settings, any edits, and a bit about the photo, if you feel so inclined.
5. Any camera is welcome, even phone cameras. I would prefer for people to not use automatic modes, but I accept that composition/etc. will still produce a good photograph with the camera in automatic mode. Editing is allowed.
These missions are intended to be fun, and to give people a reason to get out and shoot. I would like for positive discussion to come about from these, as well as to increase the participation on Photography Kinja. I know there are a lot of new people here that are participating, so I look forward to their contributions!
I will take suggestions on the next week’s mission objective.
Now, go on and complete your mission!