Well, you folks seem to prefer style photos over those of a certain subject. So, your mission, should you choose to accept it (and you should), is:
Submit a photo with selective colour.
Now, for those who don’t know, selective colour is exactly as it sounds: have one colour or one part of the photo more pronounced than the rest of it in order to bring focus to it. For example:
Kind of a crappy example, but I just threw this together to show the basics. I imagine the rest of you can come up with something way better.
And now, as per usual, The Rules:
1. You can submit one or two photos for this challenge. You can submit in a number of ways:
- Post it via Kinja comment
- Post it to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, 500px, et cetera, then link it back here in a comment.
- Send photos to my e-mail at leducthecanuck [at] gmail.com (you know how to format). Have this week’s challenge as your subject header, and be sure to include your blurb and username so I know who to credit these to. Also, include a link to your Kinja, since we usually link those in the galleries.
- Get a tattoo of your photo, and send me a picture of the results. I will laugh, because seriously, what a stupid idea. You can’t even use being drunk as an excuse.
2. The deadline is 23:59 EST on Sunday. The exhibition post will be up some time on Monday. Each week’s new mission will be posted on Monday.
3. This is not a judged competition. This is just for fun and to show of our work.
4. With your submission please tell us about the photos. Your gear, the settings, any edits, and a bit about the photo, if you feel so inclined.
5. Any camera is welcome, even phone cameras. I would prefer for people to not use automatic modes, but I accept that composition/etc. will still produce a good photograph with the camera in automatic mode.
These missions are intended to be fun, and to give people a reason to get out and shoot. I would like for positive discussion to come about from these, as well as to increase the participation on Photography Kinja. I know there are a lot of new people here that are participating, so I look forward to their contributions!
I will take suggestions on the next week’s mission objective.
Now, go on and complete your mission!