New year, new whatever. So I guess that means I should get off my lazy ass and get this running again. That means that your mission, should you choose to accept it (and you should), is:
Take a photo of a something with sentimental value to you.
For example, this is the badge on the Side of my mum’s Mustang. She’s had it for about fifteen years, and I have a lot of decent memories in it. Such as that one time where I got to ride shotgun in it when I was five after the skin on the back of my head got split open, or numerous trips with the roof down, or getting a lesson on how to drive stick in it. Odds are, my mum’s never going to get rid of it, which is kind of nice.
Anyway, now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, it’s time for The Rules:
1. You can submit one or two photos for this challenge. You can submit in a number of ways:
- Post it via Kinja comment.
- Post it to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, 500px, et cetera, then link it back here in a comment.
- Send photos to my e-mail at leducthecanuck [at] gmail.com (you know how to format). Have this week’s challenge as your subject header, and be sure to include your blurb and username so I know who to credit these to. Also, include a link to your Kinja, since we usually link those in the galleries.
- Use a chainsaw and carve a version of it into a tree.
2. The deadline is 23:59 EST on Sunday. The exhibition post will be up some time on Monday. Each week’s new mission will be posted on Monday.
3. This is not a judged competition. This is just for fun and to show of our work.
4. With your submission please tell us about the photos. Your gear, the settings, any edits, and a bit about the photo, if you feel so inclined.
5. Any camera is welcome, even phone cameras. I would prefer for people to not use automatic modes, but I accept that composition/etc. will still produce a good photograph with the camera in automatic mode.
These missions are intended to be fun, and to give people a reason to get out and shoot. I would like for positive discussion to come about from these, as well as to increase the participation on Photography Kinja. I know there are a lot of new people here that are participating, so I look forward to their contributions!
I will take suggestions on the next week’s mission objective.
Now, go on and complete your mission!